Going Open Source? Volunteering developers needed!

• Admin

Hello!

As you can probably imagine providing ad blocking and privacy for FREE to hundreds of thousands of people is a very fulfilling task. I feel proud that I have been able to do that on my own until now and I wish to share this feeling of excitement with other Devs as well.

That is why i'm currently thinking open sourcing the app YOU can join in and help me take Block This to the next level. The task here is quite big - reach millions of people and meet their high expectations. As I get a multitude of bug reports and feature requests every day, which I cannot cope with on my own, but I hope that this can change with your help.

If you have experience in Android development and/or VPN networks and wish to volunteer to help in this project, I will be glad to hear from you.

Thanks, and I hope we can work together soon!
    Have fun in the forums.

• This is absolutely great news! I have some experience with Android studio and Java programming but I've never worked with VPN networks. I've written a HTTP Proxy server for android though (for streaming YouTube videos but never released the app) but maybe that experience will come handy.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to merge "No root firewall" app and "Block-This" as one app? This way, it will be possible to block ALL internet access to certain apps (like games with annoying ads) and disable ads for browsing.. Kind of like best of both worlds?

What do you think?

Thanks,
    San

• Have you considered adding this thread to xda? There are tons of developers who would love to help on this app. It might be good to go drop a thread in the generic Android application forum and see who else is down to help.

• Admin

@shrekopher Good idea, thanks a lot. I did that .. lets see what comes up.

• @ggsava
    Can you post a link to the XDA where you have started a thread. We can go help get the conversation going. Help get it noticed more.

• @ggsava
    I found this apk for XDA Labs and they have a great place for you to offer your app. This link explained the whole apk and it's features, but do watch they video.
    http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-labs/

• @ggsava great news. Post a link to the thread here and I will send it on to a few devs I know might be interested in helping you out with the project.

Edit:

Never mind I found it http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/block-looking-devs-to-help-improving-app-t3393344